Welcome, baby Leah Michelle!
Yesterday, Ben, Parker and I drove up to Iowa City and saw our new niece. She was born on Feb 29th, she was 6 pounds 13 ounces (2 pounds smaller than Parker) and 18 1/2 inches long. She was the first baby born on LEAP year, and there was an article about her in the IC paper. She is adorable! It has been a while since I have held an infant, it brought back a lot of memories from when I had Parker and the whole experience of it all. My SIL did really good though, she started having contractions at about 1:30 am and had the baby by 5:30 am. This is her first baby, and she looked great. Mom and Dad are doing great and plan on taking the baby home today.
Parker is checking out his new cousin, and is very excited to have a new playmate. Leah and Parker are 9 months apart, so it will not be long before they are able to play together.
After the visit we went to my favorite restaurant in IC, the Okoboji Grill. They have wonderful chips and cheese and their chocolate molten dessert is to die for. It was great to spend some quality time with the family, before Ben starts his last semester of school!! YEAH!!We even took Parker to the pet store. He loved looking at the birds and puppy's, Ben and I thought about getting one. I told him that one dog is enough, for now!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment