Live every Moment

Live every Moment

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Biggest Loser!

I made a New Year's Resolution to lose weight this year and to keep it off. I decided to do this for a couple of reasons...
  1. I watched the Biggest Loser marathon on the Bravo channel all day on New Year's Eve and cried all day, and thought, "if they can do it, so can I."
  2. I was skinny at one time in my life and I felt so good, and I wanted to feel that way again.
  3. I wanted to be fit and healthy
  4. Probably the most important is that I wanted to be able to teach my Parker good eating habits, early in his life so he would not have to go through what I have. The yo-yo diets, up and down, up and down, and many other things.

So, on Jan 3rd I joined the Biggest Loser online club with a good friend of mine and to this day I have lost 16 pounds. Yeah for me!! Most days it is easy, but some are challenging. My husband is a lot better now, (he does not bring home pizza from Papa Johns anymore and keep it in the fridge for 2 days.) after the melt down I had. There are certain things I will not let him bring home. (pizza and mt. dew) and he is getting a lot better at that. He encourages me when I feel like I can not exercise another minute and he makes sure I stay on track. Seriously, this is the best diet I have ever been on, it teaches you how to eat so you can be healthy forever, not just until the weight comes off.

Wish me luck through this next month. I will let you know how I did at the end of next month!!

2 comments:

jane said...

Yeah, good for you Cindy!!You are doing it for all the right reasons. Love, Jane

dancin' momma said...

I'm so excited for you! Hannah is still begging to play with Parker so maybe someday soon we can make it happen!