I have really been lazy at blogging....so here are some of our summer activities caught on camera....
We started off the summer with a trip to the drive-in to see Maleficent.....which was awesome. Parker brought one of his buddies from school. The played on the swings and found some other boys to play soccer with.
Lexie had fun playing ball, riding the train with Grandpa and exploring the world around her....
Parker had his first lemonade stand this summer too. He sold lemonade and cookies and did better than I thought. He had such high hopes of having cars lined up to buy his cookies and lemonade. But he was happy with the $17 he made....including tips.
This summer also brought us some holidays....first one...Father's Day!!!! Ben was very happy to receive his shop-vac and Parker made him a picture frame at Micheal's (craft store). Parker wanted to get him a water bottle...so we found him the perfect one....with skittles inside. And the kids made him cute cards (at chick-fi-la). After church we had dinner at my parents house.
We are grateful for this man....and for his patience, sacrifice and hard work.....his kids adore him....they light up when they see his car pull in the driveway!!!! They love his tremendously!!!
This post is a little random:) I was shopping at Aldi and saw this picnic table for sale and I had to have it. It easily seats 8-lexie sized kids and 6-parker sized kids. We keep it inside for the kids to use. It also has an umbrella for outdoor use. We love it!!!
We also celebrated the fourth of July!!! The kids and I drove up to my Aunts house for the day, and spent the night. They had fun swimming in the heated pool-seriously was like a bathtub. Parker took his electric scooter with him and rode it up and down the street......no cars...very quiet:)
Lexie did not like the pool at first, but once Grandma took her-she was as happy as can be. She has always had that affect on my kids. After that, she was not happy when she had to get out.
And Parker is like a fish in water....he loves it.
Lucas and Brooke also came and stayed for the day....Lucas also enjoyed his first time in the pool.
The men all came up the next day to celebrate the 4th with us. Uncle D. was so nice to buy sparklers and fireworks for the kids.....and Parker and Lexie loved spending time with their cousins.
This was the only family photo we got all weekend.....I think I like it!!!
Can't wait to see what the rest of the summer brings us....stay tuned!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment