Live every Moment

Live every Moment

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Easter Weekend



 The Saturday before Easter, we had our annual Easter egg hunt.  This is the first year Lexie participated, only because the first 2 years we let her sleep through it. She had a blast....she loved looking for the eggs and putting them in her basket. After every egg she found she said, "Garker, look. egg!!"
 Lucas also joined in on the fun, although I was greedy of my own children and did not take any pictures of him....so sad...he not only looked handsome....but loved finding his eggs too.

 Parker felt like he was "too old" to do the hunt and needed "more of a challenge.  Although he needed help finding his eggs:)





 Afterwards, we went inside and opened our eggs....and ate lots of candy!!!

 Here is a picture!!!!Lexie is trying to give him a {Hershey} kiss!!!
  Easter morning was fun....we made the kids wait on the stairs so I could get my camera....here are their reactions to seeing their baskets....





 Easter happened to fall on General Conference weekend....so we didn't have to go to church, we were able to watch our prophet and other general authorities on tv....the talks and messages were so uplifting....it was a great time to reflect on Christs' sacrifice for us.  It really put things in perspective for us....God has a plan for us all....and is waiting to bless us, as long as we are doing what we should.  In between sessions we colored eggs.
 I am not sure what she was so upset about....but these two faces make me smile.....she has so much of my personality.....

 Grandma and Grandpa came over for breakfast. We made skinny pancakes, nutella french toast, eggs and fruit. It was delicious!!! The kids opened up their gifts from Grandma and Grandpa and were very happy with what they got!!!
 Parker got two gift cards...one for Whiteys ice cream and one for Maggie Moo's ice cream.
 Lexie got a cute little summer outfit....
Later that afternoon we drove up to see Great Aunt Lisa and her family for dinner....always a feast!!! We love having family close to celebrate these holidays with.  It is always a good time and always a lot of laughs.  I am grateful for Easter and what the day represents.  The resurrection of our Savior.  Through His sacrifice and temple ordinances, I am able to live with my family forever....even after this life.  I can't even comprehend what that means....but warmth fills my heart just thinking about it.  I love Him and my father in heaven.  I am grateful for His love and patience that he has for this imperfect family.  I know He lives!!!!

1 comment:

benjaminpoock said...

Look at the face! OMG, she is such a stinker!