Where does it go? A couple of months ago we celebrated Parker's 4th birthday. 4....seriously? This morning Parker, woke me up twice once at 2am and once at 5am. I was annoyed, mostly because I was in a deep sleep. I got mad at him. Then I laid by him in bed, so the snakes and monkeys would not get him. I shed a couple of tears. I told him last week, he could not grow, get any older or have another birthday and that he needed to stay little forever. He informed me that that was impossible because only Jesus, can do that and he is not Jesus. I couldn't argue with that. He is growing so fast and I am not prepared.
Last month I celebrated my 31st birthday. I was not happy and didn't really feel like celebrating, but the new Transformers movie came out...so I forced myself to enjoy it. I feel like I am getting old. I complain about the ways movies are made today, as oppose to the ones made back in my day. I don't like the music, and don't even get me started on television....oh, and I hate loud noises or just plain unnecessary noise. My husband tells me I remind him of his Grandma. Maybe so....I am not prepared.... I am worried what I will be like in 30 years.
A few days ago Ben and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary. Some days it feels like 60 years. Some days it feels like a few years and some days I think 'is this what it is going to be like for the rest of my life?' I love him. There is not doubt about it. It is just hard. I am trying to prepare myself for the eternities:) Happy Anniversary, Ben!!
Last night I had a Dove Chocolate Party. The consultant is a friend of mine from elementary school. Talk about time. We have not seen each other since high school graduation. It was a fun evening with friends and family. Totally low key, plus chocolate was involved. And it motivated me to clean my house...and it is still clean. So, hurry and come see me and my clean house before it gets dirty again. It was fun to reminisce about the good ol'days and talk about what the people we grew up with are up to now. It was really great to see her.
Now, I am going to kick back and enjoy some quiet time...Parker has a couple of friends over so it is quiet for a moment.....
1 comment:
Post a Comment