Parker, has been out of school for almost a month and it feels like 6. I swear....there are days I wish he was the kid who sat in front of the tv, all.day.long. But he is not, so we plan accordingly.
We have taken advantage of our museum pass, 1/2 price zoo days, and the pool...Parker's baby pool and the slip-n-slide he got for his birthday. I think he finally has the concept down. He loves it and I love soaking up the sun and keeping my feet cool in his pool. A few weeks ago, Ben cleaned out the back porch, now I just need to find time to have a little backyard BBQ, and water play.
I love watching Parker and seeing his personality develop. I see a lot more of me in him, as he gets older. Today, was his last day of swim lessons. He had a tough time, this time around. I am not sure why, but he did not excel as well this year as he did last year. In fact, he did worse. I blame his teachers. I mean I know that teaching toddlers to swim is not the most exciting thing in the world, but can you show us a smile? just one? He loved his teachers last year, and made him feel special and confident when he was afraid to do something.
But, that sounds just like me, shy around people we don't know and unsure of new things. Yesterday, his teacher was trying to put a life jacket on him and he wanted nothing to do with it. I talked to him and convinced him that he needed to put the jacket on, but that he did not have to do anything he unsure of while he was in the water. He agreed. So, he is no Michael Phelps....he can't be perfect at everything.
He is an amazing kid, I must say. I hate to brag about him, but it is my blog right? He really is a sweetheart, and always has his mothers back. The other day he asked me to walk to the park with him and his father. I was reluctant because it was hot and they walk fast and well, I am out of shape...a little. He asked me how slow I walk. I told him I walked slow like Fox (a friend). He said, 'Whoa, that is pretty slow. Fox, walks like this..." and showed me how a toddler just learning how to walk, walks. I went and it was hot....and I am out of shape.
On our walk he stayed back with me, while Ben went a head, so I wouldn't be lonely. He picked flowers for me on his walk, and told me, while he and dad were worth $7, I was worth 700 thousand 5 hundred dollars. He helps me. I love him so much!!!
I feel that I tend to be a little overprotective of him.....playing with friends, he went up and hugged one of them. His friend said, "I am with my friends, I can't play with you." He stopped, bowed his head and started crying. My hear sank....his feelings were really hurt.
In the car I told him he needed to beat his friend the next time he saw them....just kidding. I told him it is important to be a good friend, and he should play with all of his friends all the time, not just when it is convenient. I also told him that he needs to stand up for himself and when someone is not being nice, and say, 'that is not nice and it is hurting my feelings.' It might have been a big conversation for a 4 year old, but I think he got it. I just don't want him to be bullied. And kids can be mean.
Anyway, yesterday Grandpa called the police station and asked what the age limit was for a child to ride on the back of a motorcycle. No limit. Really? So, Grandpa picked him up and the went Frisbee golfing at Eastern Ave Park. Not too far. I love this picture, because Grandpa is one of Parker's hero's...he wants to be with him everyday!!!!
And the red helmet...I wore that when I was 4:)
1 comment:
Babe,
I love the new layout. It is great to see new post on your blog. You keep me on my toes. Love ya.
Post a Comment