Yesterday, I talked to my niece who lives somewhere very warm. She said it was 85 degrees where she lived and that she was "sweatin bullets." I told her I would trade her for a few days. She said, "Why is it cold there?" I said, "Oh, it's only -20 degrees." She said that she would stay where she is at for a few more months.
It is funny because I think we had the exact same conversation last year around this time. I can not believe this weather. It is ridiculously cold outside. Parker has not been out since Sunday and I only ventured out once this week.
Everyday Parker puts on Ben's boots, his hat and my gloves and asks to go outside...."Naniel's ouse? Ella's ouse?" I tell him it is too cold and he gets sad. Then, I open the door and he says, "cood." and closes the door.
We have fun playing together....it is weather like this though, when I wish he had a brother or sister or a neighbor close by that he could play with. Oh, well someday.
Stay warm and be creative if you have toddlers or older kids that you are trying to keep busy. They are up for almost anything.
2 comments:
Thanks for your advice you left me. I seriously had run out of ideas. We have done EVERYTHING. It's nice to have some fresh ideas.
My girls keep asking if they can go out and play. They don't understand! Our first winter here and we are taking it all in!!!
Post a Comment