OK, so I really should be cleaning right now!! Really, really need to clean.
I am addicted to blogging. Not just friends blogs but, to blogs in general. Parker is asleep and will be up very, very soon and the kitchen is a mess to say the least and I can not get off of this computer. 5 of my fellow bloggers have posted recently, which for some odd reason makes me really excited. I have read them, and commented on most. I love reading about other peoples lives, probably because mine is not that interesting.
Anyway, I am almost obsessed over checking blogs. I have recently found this blog that talks about TV shows. You can get on and talk about what happened in the episode or talk about one of the characters, whatever. So, most of you know I love Grey's...my favorite. And if you have read my blog recently you would know about the "letting go" of one of the characters. You would be shocked to see how upset people are. Like, really, really upset. Usually by time I check it out there are like 300 comments and well, I do have a little bit of a life.
It is funny because I have a friend and we are into the celeb gossip and it is funny because when we talk about them, it sounds like they are our friends. My mom and I do this often too!! EX.
last week I was at my parents house and my mom and I were talking about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. And about the whole affair thing..
Me: I heard Jennifer Anniston is pregnant...with twins.
Mom: I saw that on a magazine. Is she happy with that guy?
Me: Well, he is no Brad Pitt but, I am sure she is happy.
Mom: Is he still with Angenlina Jolie?
Me: Yeah!
Mom: I don't think that I like that.
Me: Me neither. I do not make a point to watch either of their movies anymore.
Mom: That is just too bad that, that had to happen. They seemed happy together.
OK! So, my dad walks in, in the middle of me saying, "she's crazy anyway, did you know she used to wear her husbands blood around her neck?"
Mom: maybe that is why he liked her...he needed a little crazy.
Dad: Who are you talking about???
And of course most of my dad's life is spent at church or with 'them' people.
Dad: someone from church?
My mom and I started laughing and said no we are talking about Brad, Jen and Ang.
Dad: well, you are talking like you know them.
This may be in the verg of rambling...which I tend to do.
So this blog I was on. Talking about Greys. I left a comment but, never leave my real name. And I am like 'Hey, you guys realize that these characters are not real. There is no Seattle Grace. Unfortunately, there are no doctors named McDreamy or Steamy and people do not hook up in the on call rooms. It is a TV show. It is entertainment. No one really cares what you think only me. I threatened to stop watching if they did not clean up the show and they listened. Seriously, get off the computer. Stop commenting on everyones comment and go do something constructive. Do some good.'
Me: Gosh some people need a life.
Ben: That's funny because you have been reading that post for 30 minutes now!
So, yeah! I am taking a break from this whole blogging thing. I need to get things done and you all are getting in my way!!
Love ya!
Ps. She is not pregnan, BTW!
3 comments:
Well since you didn't leave any names, I am going to just Assume that I am one of those people feeding your addiction. I base this with the fact that you leave comments, but I could be wrong.
Look at it this way, US SAHM don't get out much, so its OK to have our GREYS and our Blogs and occasionally a house that is still in need of some attention. I look at this as my therapy. It helps me to see that I am just like every other parent out there and this doesn't cost me anything!
So don't feel guilty. and if you do, just consider it a guilty pleasure and move on. Shhhh, I won't tell anyone if you don't.
You are too funny. I love you and your greys obsession. Don't feel too guilty about the blogging thing...even if we all don't confess to it, we are just as obsessed!! It's always nice to take a break from the craziness of your world, and read about the craziness of someone else's! :)
I LOVE this post. You are most hilarious when you are rambling.
The conversation with your mom made me laugh out loud---and your dad's comment.
I've had conversations like that. But I could totally hear your's and your mom's conversation. :)
Post a Comment