Live every Moment

Live every Moment

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Clueless...

Because my 17 1/2 year old has been cranky and has shown all the symptoms of teething and it completely went over my head. Last night we had friends over, and I was telling my her that Parker has not been sleeping very well at night. The past couple of nights we woke up at 4 am and would be up for about an hour then, go back to sleep for an hour and then wake up for the morning. He did this for about a week. Also, I had to put the bibs back on his because of droolage. Runny nose. Loss of appetite.

She looks at me and says, "Is he teething?"
My first thoughts were, 'NO, of course not.'

Drool, loss of appetite, cranky, runny nose.

I looked at her and said, 'Of course he is.'

I felt a little embarrassed you'd think I 'd have this down by now!

After they left I checked his mouth and yep! Two top moellers. I got the motrin and told him he could have as much as he wanted. Well...as much as the box told me he could have.

I can not believe how clueless I was. And the kicker is that I bought some Motrin last week because we were all out and he wanted me to open it (loves the taste) and I put it on top of the bookshelf, because it is not candy For 2 days be would bring me into the living room, point at the medicine and cry mama. You think that would be another clue.

Here is the thing. In my defense, he usually runs a really high fever for about 2 days and this time, NOTHING.

So, thank you Nobody! Thanks to you we all got a good nights sleep, and my baby is much happier now. Probably because he is on top of the table playing with a spoon in a cup of water and unwrapping a roll of paper towels. The things we let our kids do so we can blog!

2 comments:

NOBODY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NOBODY said...

I just have to say, this is the first time I haven't had to be reminded about teething and uh...there's something else I always forget to consider. Earaches? I dunno. I just remember when Avee was teething for the 4th time, I STILL had to complain about all her symptoms and have someone else say, "That sounds like she's teething."
Well der.
I don't know that we ever figure it out.
I'm off to drug up my teether. :)