Live every Moment

Live every Moment

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carving Pumpkins


Carving pumpkins has always been my favorite thing to do to get ready for Halloween. This year we got together with friends and had a carving party. Usually I use the ol' magic marker and draw a face on the pumpkin, then attempt to cut it out. This year, I was talked into using a stencil to make the face. Great idea! It was not the best looking pumpkin but, it turned out pretty good considering it was my first time.

Everyone is busy carving away! All of the pumpkins turned out great!

This was Parker's first year of carving. Last year he was too young and pretty much just watched us. This year though, he was ready to get his hands dirty. This is the pumpkin he got at the pumpkin patch and we just let him have fun with it. He loved sticking is (safe) knife into the pumpkin and pulling out the insides.

I did not get a good picture of the kids with their pumpkins (I'll have to see if my friend got a good one.) but, here are the pumpkins the kids made. The big pumpkin Ben (last on right) carved and the smaller one I did (without a stencil) see how they used to look like. I am sticking with the stencils. It was a fun night!


Happy Halloween!


1 comment:

Barnes Blog said...

That is so cute. We got a pumpkin today and are planning on carving tomorrow. We were going to carve it with A's parents but ran out of time.