Live every Moment

Live every Moment

Friday, May 9, 2014

March

The month of March was very exciting!!!! Lots of "Firsts" for the family.  First:) Lexie decided she was finished with the bottle:  I had noticed after I gave Lexie a bottle it would start spilling out everywhere.  I began to blame the dog for chewing up her bottle nipples.  During Stake Conference (church meeting held twice a year) I was out giving Lexie a bottle and when she was finished she threw it and milk spilled out.  It turns out Lexie was chewing on her bottle nipple as she was drinking and chewed a hole through them....and did not notice until I gave her her next bottle.  So when she was done chewing all of her bottles up...we went to the sip cup...exclusively.  Thankfully she had been drinking out of one for a while, so the transition was pretty easy.
2.  Lexie has been in therapy for about a month.  She was diagnose with hypotonia-low muscle tone in her body, plus her joints are very flexible and bendy....I am not sure what the medical term is for that...but I am 1 for 2:) Anyway, her therapist comes once a week and works with her to kind of help her move along.  I was talking to a friend at church and I was telling her that Lexie will get up on all fours and rock back and forth, and you can just tell she wants to go, but nothing is happening.  The next day SHE DID IT!!!! I was so excited!!!! I called Ben at work....we were ecstatic.  You have no idea what kinds of diagnosis I was giving her via internet searches.  Here are a couple of pictures of her first crawls.

3.  Later that week I got to be the "Mystery Reader" in Parkers class.  We filled out some clues about ourselves and the kids had to try and guess who the MR was.  I read Parker's favorite book "My Lucky Day." The kids loved it and Parker loved that I surprised him at school.

4.  My sister Trishia also came to visit.  Brooke had a baby (Which I still need to post) and she surprised her by coming to see her and the baby.  We had a great week!!!

5.  Then there was spring break.  We tried to do something everyday to keep ourselves from getting "bored."  Parker had a friend over one day and we spent time at Grandma and Grandpas.  We also headed to Nauvoo for a little weekend getaway.  we love...love going to Nauvoo!! There is so much history there.  We were able to go to the Temple and to the park...thankfully it turned out to be a beautiful day.  Ben and I took the kids to Carthage, which is about 20 minutes from Nauvoo.  This is where the Prophet Joseph Smith was killed.  Ben and I had not been there since we were married and We have been talking a lot about Joseph during Family home evening, so we took this opportunity to show Parker this historical site.  The tour began with a short video on Joseph's life and how he restored the church. Then we walked over to the jail where he and his brother and two of his friends were held....because some people did not agree with their teachings.  And we sat in the room where he and his brother Hyrum were killed.

This is where the bullet went through and killed the Prophet and he fell out the window behind us.  We felt the spirit so strong as we listened to their last moments and the beautiful music.  I think Parker really began to understand what a great man he was....and just like the Prophets of old they were all killed trying to share the gospel with others.  We are very grateful for this man and for his faith and determination.
As we were walking to our car Parker said, "Something inside of me is like...burning."  I asked him what he thought it was....he said, "The Holy Ghost."  Yes Parker...Yes it is!!!

A couple of pictures of the kids by Joseph and Hyrum Smith.


So....those were the highlights of our month.....Very grateful for my family...my kids...my husband...and the church!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

My niece has/had the same thing. She is 9 now and is now running and dancing. She is not as coordinated or fast as other children her age, but it is always improving.