Live every Moment

Live every Moment

Monday, August 19, 2013

First Grade


 I have been a major slacker when it has come to blogging....I really need to do better and record all of the special moments that happen in our lives.  I have so much to say about our summer...but, for now we will start with the first day of school.


 We decided to pull Parker from the public school he went to last year and put him in a private school.  This was a hard decision.  We would go from paying very little for school to a little more:)  Ben and I have talked about this since Kindergarten even started.  Finally after the school year ended we decided it was time for him to make the move.  All I can say is that I love it!!!! Maybe it is because I went to a private school growing up....and am spoiled...or just expect things to be a certain way. This school has met all of my expectations so far.  I just want his elementary years to be ones that he can remember as being good times in his life.  It is much, much better academically as well, which is what really drew me here in the first place.  Parker needs to be challenged and kept busy.....I think he will have his work cut out for him this year.  This is his teacher.....the sweetest thing ever:) Parker and I already love her. 


These pictures were taken at unpack your backpack night.  They had a BBQ and everything.  Parker has 2 kids in his class that he knows from church....which made the transition all the more easier.



 Last Friday was his official first day of FIRST Grade!!!!
I don't feel like he should be this old....although he acts much older, and I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  Lexie and I drove him to school and Dad joined us in wishing him a GREAT first day of  FIRST GRADE.  I have to admit, watching him hang all of his stuff up and walk into his classroom and sit at his desk all by himself, with nothing more that a kiss and a hug and a wave goodbye was a little sad......it was good.  But not even a tear.  He has become more independent.....where he does not need mom all the time.  Our time after school has been busy as well.  He gets home about an hour later than he did last year, so trying to fit in reading time/dinner/family time/ and free time which usually includes bike riding or watching Word Girl on PBS, and trying to get him ready of bed and in bed by 8 has been a little challenging.   He starts soccer in a couple of weeks so we will have to stick a practice or two in a week also.  Oh, well....at least he can't tell me he is bored:) Love you Parker!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that kid! He is such a cutie. I am so glad that things have worked out for a new school. He deserves the best! And having him become more independent just means YOU are doing a great job!