Live every Moment

Live every Moment

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

This year we started some family traditions....Ben and I wanted to start teaching Parker, the importance of Easter, and why we really celebrate it. The library at our church has these really neat flannel board stories. Parker, loves them...they really catch his attention, he asked lots of questions. After the story we watched the animated movie, He is Risen.


There were, however, still some childhood traditions we did not want to part with.....like the Easter Basket, but instead of it being from the easter bunny, it was just from, mom and dad. We also filled it with quiet activities for church, as well as a Book of Mormon that he has been asking for...and of course some candy.



We also did an egg hunt in our yard, on Saturday. He had so much fun!!! He got quite the loot of candy and money.







And a boost from Grandpa!!






We love being so close to family....we love being able to spend the holidays together, but it is also nice to be able to start your own family traditions. We did not talk about the easter bunny, and Parker, never asked about him. We continued with some of our favorite traditions.....but our main focus was on Christ and the sacrifice that he made, so we can live again. I am grateful for the gospel and the joy it brings into my life. It is amazing!! I am grateful for my Savior and the example that he sets for me. I try everyday to be more like him. I am grateful to know that I will be able to be with my family forever....even after we leave this life. I am grateful for my husband and son. There is nothing better to live for...I strive everyday to be the best I can because of these two people. I know my Savior lives again and loves me and knows me....He is always there for us!!!

2 comments:

M.Howerton said...

Cindy you are so amazing!!!!
We started "Holy Week" at our house this year. the entire week before Easter is about he events leading up to Christ's Ressurection. We did still do the Easter bunny but he made his presence known the weekend before as not to distract from the REAL reason. I do however like your idea of no bunny at all. just a basket from mom and dad.
Your tesimony is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Happy Easter!! Miss you guys!!

benjaminpoock said...

Cindy,

That was a great post. You are such a great and beautiful mom. Thanks for all you do.