I remember waking up Monday morning and feeling...different....like today was the day. I went to lunch with my mom that afternoon and as I was getting into the car I said, "She is coming tonight." My mom looked at me and said, "What do you mean? how do you know?" and I said, "Because I need to be done with this...I am giving her 12 hours. Sure enough she arrived 12 hours and 5 minutes later.
The whole process was so different from Parker...the pregnancy/labor/delivery. I was in a lot more pain with Lexie....labor was awful....but in the end we got our beautiful baby girl!
Lexie Sue, our beautiful baby girl!!! Who knew such a small person could bring so much happiness into the world!!! I am grateful for every day that I get to spend with her at home. I love watching her grow and delvelope. It has been fun watching her change from an infant to a baby and she has quite the personality...and she is definately mama's girl. Although, she loves greeting dad with smiles and hugs when he arrives home from work....and snuggles with her brother every morning before school. Her big brother loves her so much and for the most part, takes really good care of her.
She loves Grandma and Grandpa!!! she enjoys our lunch dates with Grandma and playing with Grandpa...he is determined to get her to crawl/walk or even scoot forward:) she is taking her sweet time....I pretty sure she is sharp enough to know that if she screams loud enough she will get what she is after...without having to move:) Parker also, tries to get her to crawl....there will be times when he just crawls around the house....trying to get her motivated. He is looking forward to the day when they can play together...he has wanted a sibling for so long. He is already planning activities for the two of them to do together...this summer!!
Last weekend we had her 1st Birthday Party!!! I have been pretty much planning it since the fall. I knew exactly what I wanted....and it was perfect!!! Parker was a great help, too!!!
Grandma and Grandpa P and Aunt Jill and her kids came down, along with Great Aunt Lisa and her family, Brooke and Shaun and Grandpa and Granma B....to celebrate her big day. The house was full, but many memories were made. She probably will never remember the day, but can look back on pics and see how much fun she had and the love that surrounded her. Just today Parker pulled out a scrapbook from when he was 3 and was asking me all sorts of questions....and thanked me for "making a book of memories."
On her actual birthday I invited some of my favorite friends over....whom happen to have babies around Lexie's age, for lunch and a play-date.
These two are exactly one month a part...and he is already crawling and pulling himself up...I'm a little jealous:)
This girl loves her some books...she got two new ones and went to work turning the pages and pointing at the pictures....she was in heaven.
That night I had Young Women, so as Ben was coming in the door I was leaving. I still need to get pictures of the family in front of those streamers before they fall down....we are good a reinacting things around here.
A few things about out ONE year old Lexie....
- She is starting to get used to table food, but would be just as happy eating pureed food for the next few month.
- She is now drinking whole milk...but only from a bottle and only if it is warm.
- She is doing great drinking from a sip cup and loves water.
- She will now put things in her mouth and eat, but only if it is big enough to hold in her fist...she will not pick up small pieces of food and put them in her mouth....she usually just throws them on the floor...which makes Harrison happy:)
- She loves bath time......she usually plays until the water is cold and starts getting uncomfotable for her.
- She loves books and enjoys playing by herslef.
- She loves watching "Little People" movie....which is a family favorite.
- She loves to dance and will often move her body back and forth to the music...or put her arms up for you to dance with her.
- She loves "patty cake" and will put her arms in the air for "throw it in the oven."
- She waves 'bye-bye'...but only when she wants to.
- She does not like unfamiliar people
- She loves visiting Grandma's house
- She loves her Brookie
- She adores her brother...I find her watching him a lot.
- She loves snuggles and kisses and we love to recieve them from her
- She has started folding her arms for prayer
- She is a good naper and will always go to bed without fuss
- She is quite the personality and a small temper:)
- She is beautiful and usually always has a smile on her face
- She can say "ma-ma" and "da-da" and "ba-ba"
- She loves anything electronic....cell phones, iphones, remote controls, tablets, game controllers...when she sees them...she has to have them:)

1 comment:
Cannot believe she is one! She is such a cutie and has brought joy to lots of people. We were glad to be able to celebrate with you!
Post a Comment