That is how far it is to our new home!! Yesterday Ben accepted a job in Des Monies. We are so excited, anxious, scared and nervous for this new adventure we are about to dive into. It will be the first time for me, to be more than 15 seconds from my parents. He starts working in 2 1/2 weeks and I have just started packing today. I have never done this before and got very overwhelmed as I thought about where to start. So, I did what any person would do and let my 1 year old decide for me. I asked Parker where we should start and he ran to the kitchen screaming TG's. I thought maybe that was a sign, so that is where I started.
This morning I watched my friends daughter and after I left her house, Parker and I stopped at Wal-Mart for a newspaper and a couple of boxes to get started. If anyone has any extra boxes or gets the newspaper and wants to pitch it, please bring it to me.
Yeah! I am really excited! I have a handful of AMAZING friends here that I will miss so much and of course my mommy!! and dad. We already have weekends coordinated of when she will visit and when we will visit so it won't be so bad. We have a family that used to live here in Davenport that now lives in Des Monies that are going to be helping us through this process. We are going next weekend to find a place to stay and checking out the area!
Ben is thrilled to start his new job. He will finally have weekends off, holidays off and a normal
8-5 schedule.
Wish us luck!!
PS...Still looking for a home for BOOTS!! Sorry, Brooke:)
6 comments:
I am excited for you guys! but I'm allowed to be a little sad, right? We'll miss you guys so much! You were my first friend when I moved here, and it was so nice to have someone to talk to and depend on right away. Good luck, it will be a great experience for you guys!
Love you!
I am so sad! I know it will be great and your new ward is going to be so lucky to have a wonderful cook, scrapbooker and friend. We are going to miss you! PLEASE CALL ME to watch Parker. I know how hard packing and moving is. Let me help!
will miss my Parker!
love you
Cindy- I'm sad you are moving right when we get back- I know this will be great for you though and we will still see you lots! We are coming back Labor Day weekend and will have TONS of boxes- that may be too late though for you. Let me know.
Yes,Jamie!! WE need all the boxes we can get! Thank You!
Post a Comment